Monday 5 December 2011

Happy Birthday Mum

I finished the mini album, I have been working on for some time. This has been a secret project - as my Mum reads my blog - Hi Mum!
 I cut the deadline a bit close, as the binding I was planning went wrong. Originally the plan was to bind with hair ties, but the ties I used were too thick and the album didn't move well. My solution was to use elastic (tea dyed to match the album) and thread through like a shoe lace. I like the end result better, as it was my own idea!
Lots of photos to follow. The album is 6" by 7", I made the base out of kraft cardboard, to include a side pocket in every page, and added cream pearlescent envelpoes to create the extra pockets and fold outs. Lots of tags and lovely embellishments.
If you would like to know how I made anything, please send a message - I would be happy to help.

A Youtube video of the album will be loaded shortly. My film assistant is working on it now. (The gorgeous Ethan!)

Here are the photos...

Front Cover and Gift Box

Close up of front cover

Inside front cover

First Page Layout

Lots of lovely space for photos and journalling

Some of the tags shown here are kept simple to allow for photos to be added

Paper Range used is My Minds Eye - Lost & Found - Sunshine

Dressmaker Pages with pockets closed

Pocket open with Dressmaker ribbon and gorgeous scissors and thimble for embellishment

Left side pocket open with Tag - check out the cute little mannequin!

Paris dress Tag - made with serviette collage

Another Serviette Dress collage

Too cute! The paper and the colours - love it!

Inside back Cover with dancing dress tag

Back cover - I added the pearl accents on the flowers - it really shimmers in the light.

Girls gotta have charm! - Gorgeous key, teapot, pearls and an opening locket


Hope you like it....

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for my lovely gift.. It was very much admired by our family and guests at dinner last night. The detail on each of your pages and the variety of tags hold lots of memories. It is absolutely beautiful. I hope your readers enjoy looking at my special present - enjoy - but it is mine !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, This came out beautiful! The photos on your blog show the colors much better than the video. It is truly pretty. I just love your paper choices and since I used to sew, I'm crazy about the sewing themed pages with the patterns and sewing notions! So cute!
    Kim from Life on the scrap beach (let's get creative mini swap)

    ReplyDelete