Tuesday 26 March 2013

Fabulous Finnabair

What an absolutely fantastic day I had on Saturday. Over 8 hours of creative fun. The best birthday present I could have wished for, two classes with Anna DÄ…browska – PÄ™kocka also known as Finnabair or Finn

With a generous kit of delicious goodies the first lesson of the day was a layout. A new adventure for me as I don't do layouts. (never say never!) This is the result of my first real layout.






The gorgeous couple are my Mum and Dad on their Wedding day 50 years earlier. I added the 50 to the embellishments and used gold tones to celebrate their special day. There may be a fight on for this as it is really gorgeous and I am totally thrilled with it. (That doesn't happen often with my work)

The second class of the day was a journal. We used Finn's new journal from Prima. The new paper line Sunrise Sunset and the mechanicals are AMAZING. I need more, lots more. Easy to use and fabulous quality. They are available locally at Scrapaholics we were lucky enough to have extras for sale on the day. Yes, shopping bags were sneaked into the house!!


We removed the covers to add lots of goodies and create some magic Finn style.


I kept every single scrap of leftovers and created a title page for my journal. All the packaging and scraps of paper will find their way onto the pages in the coming weeks


Remember I said the kits were generous - this is the leftovers of the day. Yummy!!!


I was thrilled to meet some local crafters. Of course, we were so engrossed that we didn't have time to chat much on the day, but hopefully we will remedy that soon.

I was lucky enough to bring home this lovely atc from Debi


Debi had created a fabulous selection of atc's I was very tempted to steal a few more. I will have to get busy and create some for swapping. I feel a new addiction coming on!!

If you have the opportunity to attend a class with Finn, I highly recommend it. Jump in quick with both feet. It is totally fabulous. 
Thank you Finn for sharing your talent with us and I hope you have an amazing Aussie/NZ tour!!

xx Michelle 







4 comments:

  1. Michelle, love your creations, just stunning :) and it was so lovely to meet you, debi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi - it was lovely to meet you too xx M

      Delete
  2. Hi Michelle, love your journals! I also make journals, but more fabric, less paper. I think yours are lovely! Just saw one of your you tube videos so had to come on over and visit your blog!

    Hope you're having a great Easter,
    Carole (in Levin)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover from the paper labels is adorable. Glad to know I'm not being "to thrifty"...i also reuse those cut offs. I luv all of your work.

    ReplyDelete